Monday, January 3, 2011

ALL THINGS LOVELY IN A NEW YEAR


NEW YEARS DAY BRUNCH AT BOSCOS


Well, it is that time of year again. A time to once again reflect on accomplishments and decisions made in the past year. And my personal favorite....making a bucket list for the next twelve months! Last year my resolution was to NOT make a resolution that had anything to do with exercise or my weight...and I succeeded by making a list of things that I was excited to do in 2010. My list was quite long and there were many things that were not accomplished, but I was still pretty proud of the things that I did! A few items I can check off my list: TAKE A ROAD TRIP, PLANT A GARDEN, WRITE MORE, SEND MORE CARDS, KEEP AN OPEN HEART, LOVE, BE MORE SPONTANEOUS, GET A RECORD PLAYER, MAKE STRAIGHT A'S (I DID GET ONE B+, BUT I AM GIVING MYSELF A CHECKMARK ANYWAYS), READ "THE WINTER ROSE", PRAY SPECIFICALLY, WATCH SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE AND WHEN HARRY MET SALLY, DRINK MORE WATER.


APRIL & I ON NEW YEARS EVE


I have a plethora of memories associated with all of these things....far too many to write out here. 2010 was full of a lot of laughter and a lot of tears, while being surrounded with the most beautiful hearts I know. I truly am blessed with the most wonderful family and friends. On that note, I rang in the New Year with both new and old friends! One of my best friends from college, April, came to visit Nashville with her husband. I had such a great time reliving old college memories with her and our other friends from school! We topped off the weekend with a girls brunch on New Years Day and a friendly game of Gin Rummy (my FAVORITE card game)and a movie.

So.....on to this year. I decided to keep most of the things that I didn't finish last year on this year's list and to tweak a few things. Additionally, I have a few that are going to stay on the list as I think they are pretty important! I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT if you see something on here that you are wanting to do and we can do it together. That way I can make sure it gets done!























More than anything I am looking forward to new challenges, more smiles and laughter, and special moments with the people that I love. It's going to be a sweet year. Do any of you have some of the same goals??? Maybe we can do some together.....thoughts? LOVE.LOVE.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things." - Philippians 4:8

XOXO


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it all! The new goals with the mix of a few good old ones...I'm thinking you're vacation/road trip should be to.......Branson!

    ReplyDelete