Wednesday, February 17, 2010

CONFESSIONS AND CURRENT LOVE

So, it is now time to confess. Today is the first day of Lent. No, I am not Catholic, however I did attend Catholic school for a while growing up, so I learned about it at an early age.


First Grade Class at St. Agnes

Two years ago I gave up fried food. I did pretty well, however I was informed by friends later on that Chinese food was indeed fried, so I didn't succeed completely. Last year I gave up alcohol. Again, I cheated. Twice. In my defense, I did get laid off of my job and I went to dinner and my dad had a glass of wine waiting for me on the table. Okay, no excuses. So, this year I am giving up something near and dear to my heart. I have a love relationship with Diet Coke. Probably 3-4 a day. I gave up cokes for a minute in college. At the time I was not aware that you were to expect headaches when you gave up caffeine. I had a migraine for four days straight and insisted to the school nurse that I had a brain tumor and she had to do something to help me.


But I think I am meant to give Diet Coke up. Janae called me last night and said that is what she is giving up for Lent and two is always better than one. I was still on the fence. Then I turned on the television and there was a doctors show on discussing all of the harmful effects Diet Coke has. Nothing I haven't heard before, however I still felt it was a little sign. And then there was only one left in my refrigerator. So here goes. 40 days. I have also made an agreement with myself that if I do this successfully I get a sticker on my New Year's Initiatives List which is "Drink More Water". I think by giving one up I will be able to achieve the other. I will keep you updated on the headaches that are likely to occur in my near future.

All of that to say, I am really loving my pretty mug from Natural Life that I got at Davis-Kidd. On the inside it says "Love the Moment"....so this morning I drank some delicious Cranberry-Apple Tea out of it. I am pretty sure I am going to become better acquainted with this mug over the next forty days. Isn't it cute? Natural Life has a great website, too. I bought a really cute bag from them for my friend Lauren for Christmas. GREAT GIFTS.







And as long as we are talking about tea, I have stocked up on several different flavors such as Vanilla Chai, Herbal Mint, and Cranberry-Apple. I was taken back to what "Stuff White People Like" has to say about tea obsessions. If you haven't read this, please do. HILARIOUS.



So, I still have much to update you about. Especially my fun Valentine's Day weekend. But that will have to wait....expect it maybe Thursday or Friday...along with some other exciting news! Heart!

XOXO


4 comments:

  1. Go to World Market and get "Good Hope Vanilla" by Republic of Tea. It's herbal, made from Rooibos, and it has a lot of antioxidants in it and no caffeine in it. Let it steep for like 3-5 minutes (I do 5), add some organic cane sugar in and then like 1/4 cup of milk. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable.

    And I love tea too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, diet coke will kill you. I am fully supportive of giving it up! And I love tea too, drinking tea from India right now. I am such a stereotypical white person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evan! I will have to try that!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete