Friday, February 19, 2010

SWEETHEARTS

As promised, a little Valentine's Day weekend update. So- Valentine's Day. Not my favorite holiday of the year. But I don't hate it. I know there are alot of people who are very anti-this day, however I think it is nice to celebrate the love....


PRETTY FLOWERS


Saturday started off fantastic with my Pampered Chef party. I always enjoy having some of my favorite people over at once. It makes my life happy :) So we cooked and drank mimosas with strawberries. My favorite moment may have been when multiple people mistook my homemade fruit tea for orange juice and ended up having fruit tea mimosas. Yuck. Or potentially Preston's amazing reading skills. Or that we nominated each other for various cooking tasks. I still can't decide. So here are a few cute pictures of my pretty friends cooking. Yuuuuum! We had breakfast casserole!


Matty practicing his baking skills for Sven and Lily



Lauren, Kel, and Linds


That evening a group of us went to see Valentine's Day. It was exactly like I expected and everything that I hoped it would be. It made me laugh most of the time, but I was able to cry a solitary tear. Taylor Swift made me laugh the most. And I might have fallen in love with Bradley Cooper again. Another favorite? THE PREVIEWS! Letters to Juliet? The Last Song? YES. From there we went to have some food and drinks at Jackson's. I loved their Valentine's menu. They had a "cheap date" menu and "break-up drinks". Next year, if you need a good laugh, I would suggest Jackson's takeout V-day menu.

SUNDAY. I went to church and was reminded of the ultimate love which cannot be earned or bought and is always so readily available. We had our community group that night and it was so fun! We exchanged cards, ate cookies, and read verses about love. A round of applause is in order for Janae's crafty Valentine's magnet for my fridge! ALSO, I LOVE scriptures and quotes about love. So in the spirit of a belated Valentine's Day, I will share. LOVE!


Valentine's Day crafts!


As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. -Colossians 3:12-14


You were never poor as long as you had something to love. -L.M. Montgomery


The way that you smile, makes me high

I remember the sunlight, shining down in your eyes

Let's go down to the ocean, true love of mine

-MINDY SMITH



Janae and I before the movie!



at Jackson's


XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment