Thursday, January 28, 2010

NOLENSVILLE FEED MILL: AN AMISH COUNTRY MARKET



As you know, my dear friends, I truly enjoy discovering a new restaurant, boutique, or any other hidden treasure. SOOOOOOO last week I went out to Nolensville to pick out a few items for my house at Three French Hens. I ended up getting there about thirty minutes before opening, so I wandered across the street to the only place that was open. It is this moment, that I encounter The Feed Mill. OH MY GOSH. Since I was the only person in the store, I taste-tested practically everything in the store. All of the product are local from Tennessee. They sell fresh cheeses (um, they had Blueberry Cheddar Cheese. Delish), milk, pie fillings, jams,veggie chips, chocolates, fresh bread, and much more. All local. I ended up coming home with two pie fillings (peach and key lime with which I plan on making my homemade pie from my New Year Initiative list!) and some FROG jam. Do not be alarmed about the FROG jam. Initially they told me that, yes, it was indeed made of FROG legs, but this is a lie. It actually stands for Fig, Raspberry, Orange Marmalade, and Ginger. BEST Jam I have ever tasted. So....it is now another place to add to my list of secret spots. So fun.

XOXO


1 comment:

  1. Yes the Amish Market At The Mill is one of the best places in nashville.

    ReplyDelete